Free Legal Service, Top End - Northern Territory
Office Hours: 8:30am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
Ground Floor, 2/5 Edmunds Street Darwin NT 0801
GPO Box 1901, Darwin NT 0801
FREECALL 1800 234 441
Telephone: (08) 8982 3000
Fax: (08) 8941 9935
The Top End Women's Legal Service Inc (TEWLS) is a non-profit organisation that provides free and confidential legal information, advice and referral, community legal education and advocacy on issues of importance to women across the Top End.
Free legal advice sessions
Appointments are available on the following days:
- Mondays from 12:00pm to 3:00pm at the Palmerston GP Super Clinic;
- Wednesdays from 5:15pm to 6:15pm in our Darwin Office; and
- Thursdays during business hours in our Darwin office.
If you have a legal problem and wish to see a solicitor, please contact us for an appointment. We can also arrange an interpreter free of charge.
What can TEWLS help you with?
- Family Law
- Domestic and Family Violence
- Victims of Crime Compensation
- Housing & Tenancy
- Debts & Fines
- Consumer Law
- Superannuation & Estates
- Employment Law
- Sexual Assault
TEWLS cannot assist with:
- Commercial matters
- Criminal matters
- Drafting wills